So I found this video online and tried the recipe. Here is Tip Hero’s Video. I made some slight alterations to it, but they turned out incredible. Thank you Tip Hero!
- 4 apples, cored and halved (leave the skin on)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 6 Tbsp apricot preserves*
- 2 sheets of pie crust*
- Cinnamon and sugar mixture* (equal parts)
- Powdered sugar*
* Items with Asterix have been changed from original Video.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- I used my food processor* (Breville Sous Chef) with the adjustable slicing blade) – took less than 30 seconds and the slices were all equal. Put apple slices in microwave safe bowl. Fill bowl with water and juice from half a lemon. Use enough water to make sure apple slices are covered by water. Microwave for 3 minutes. This will soften the apple slices and make them more pliable for rolling up.
- Next grab a sheet of pie crust sheet. Flour your board and roll out the pie crust enough to make 6 strips at 3 inches wide. I scored and cut mine with a pizza wheel put you can use a knife.
- Spoon out the preserves in the center of the strip of puff pastry.
- Next place the apple slices long ways halfway on the strip. Keep adding slices until you reach the end. Sprinkle the apples with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Then fold the puff pastry over the bottom of the apple slices.
- Roll up the puff pastry and place in a greased muffin tin.
- Bake the apple roses for 35-45 minutes.
- Pull out of oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of each rose. Can also be served with Vanilla ice cream or Brown Sugar Sauce (recipe coming soon).
Here are some more photos of my Apple Rose Batch: